Sunday, August 14, 2016

Welcome to the 2016-2017 year!

Welcome STORM students! I am very excited for this school year! Bookmark this website so you can keep up to date on everything that is happening in our classroom. It will be a great resource for you to not only know what we are learning, but to find links to important documents, assignment information, and due dates.

Your child is about to embark on some of the most important years of their lives. In middle school, your child will grow socially and create academic habits that will set them up for success in high school.

Through my Language Arts class, I make it my mission to combine learning and growing in literacy with expanding students' social awareness and thinking about things on a global scale. I will work with your students to develop and understand a growth mindset that will encourage them to make mistakes. Through mistakes, we learn and understand how to progress for future learning. We will explore overarching concepts such as maturity, perception, self-awareness, and personal accountability. We will use these concepts to expand ourselves as readers and writers while thinking beyond ourselves.

I encourage you to work with me this year to make it a successful and enjoyable experience for your child. Let's get after it! GO STORM!